Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother May I?



Hello and Happy Mother's Day!

Yes, I'm back and I mean it this time!  To kick off the first post of the year,in honor of the holiday, I'd like to talk about some of my favorite movies involving a loving mothers...

Carrie(1976)- "They're all gonna laugh at you!" Margaret White is one of the craziest, bible wielding mothers in cinematic history. Piper Laurie, who originated the role, knock it out of the park with her quite reversed crazy, something that Julianne Moore failed to do in the remake.


Psycho(1960)- Mother Bates knows best! Norman Bates is such a great son and he obeys his mothers every wish. No questions asked! The fact that Mother Bates never actually speaks makes this film much more disturbing that anything else. Fun Fact: The screenwriter, Joseph Stefano was actually going through therapy to deal with his own relationship with his mother. So that's therapeutic, I suppose.


Mama(2013)-Nothing says eternal like a mothers love. Mama is a touching story about a mother who would do anything for her children....or others peoples children.

Well that's all for today but I do have news! Every Saturday and Sunday, I'll be posting suspenseful/scary original short stories!

Keep Watching and Get Scared



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Any inappropriate comments will be deleted and may result in banning from the blog.